Tuesday 14 October 2014

Why am I here?

HI I am Ameera, I am a newbie here ! First of all, I am not a writer. In fact, I am far from one. I am actually a medical student with huge obsession on fitness and really want to share with my readers (if there's any yet?) on how to live a healthy lifestyle since my past is kinda different. Trust me, I was fat, huge. Acne were totally all over.  I'm not saying that now everything is so perfect with me, but there’s improvement, a gigantic one. I'm so happy about it and I was thinking why don't I share the tips with you guys? hopefully these shall help those who are in the same boat as i was.

So basically, I have started this sort of fitness/healthy lifestyle almost 1 year and a half .Wanna know how? I started out with an obsession to lose weight after years of being stuck with a full figure. The exercises and healthy workouts responded to my body very well (it will work for you too!). Hence, i made a decision to share everything over here so that it can benefit everyone. 

When I started out this journey, my body weight was around 64 to 66 kg when I was actually only 19 y/o which was my first year in medical school. Well, that would probably be because of the bread here is so cheap yet so tasty and I tend to eat them almost every day, (i'm so dead!). Oh btw I'm currently studying in Egypt and obviously the food here is very cheap, greasy, fatty, sweet and oily (yum yum!). Daily consumption of these kind of food has killed my body weight. I could say that Malaysian food are almost the same with Egyptian's, so beware okay?. The high level of calories, fats and carbs are the reason why I'm gaining weight so fast as if i've been pumped! So I started my diet, after gaining too much weight. I didn’t eat a lot. I took my meal once or twice a day which is very harmful to your body ( I will give the explanation bout this in the next post or maybe next next post, Insya Allah).

 *** Rule number one, DO NOT eat once or twice times per day! It will make u sick in the future. 

When I did that, my weight obviously dropped up to 3 to 4 kgs! BUT it did hurt me a lot. I don't do well in studies, I cant even sleep well because I was hungry all the time. I fainted like once or twice simply because I didn’t eat. That is so not healthy guys. So I made a decision to stop the habit and look for another option to lose weight. After I stopped, I obviously returned to my old fatty figure *sigh*. I was not happy to welcome the "fatty ameera" back so I started searching for many ways to lose weight without restricting my food intake. So, one day I found this fitness video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEdJRRndkQ  and I do it everyday for almost 3 months. And guess what, the result is so amusing, I cried!. From that very moment, I just disciplined myself to do workout and drink water like A LOT. LOT LOT. I entered bathroom almost every half an hour. I get tired of going to bathroom like its my second favourite room after the bedroom, but no worries, u will get use to it. 

So after one year of doing constant workout and eating healty, my weight for now is 53kg. I have lost about 10 kg . I couldn’t be any happier than this! So basically, losing weight is quite easy and fun, but it took quite a long time, commitment, passion and a little bit psycho about losing weight ? LOL just kidding. You don’t have to be a psycho to lose weight. Aneroxic? Do not be one! It is a fatal disease plus it makes you look ugly! Aneroxic is like a living jerangkung (skeleton) and even worse, it may cause multiorgan failure! (Trust me, I'm a doctor!)  soon :)


This picture was taken when I'm in Italy for my winter break this year.


Hence guys, be someone that you want to be. Life is not just living and just going with the flow, you have to feel the pain as it may bring you to the higher level and to be a better person. I myself once really wanted to be a runway model (which is so impossible, very perasan la this girl my mom gonna kill me). Even though it is almost impossible to be one, but why don't I work for a body like a model and cat walk in my own room? lol

 I believe that most of us wanted to be thin forever, like I once did. But now, I am not! Do not be thin, be fit and healthy! In my next post, I will talk about healthy eating. But as for now, please please please consume lotsssss of fruits and veges. I eat A LOT of fruits and veges everyday. Well i am just plain lucky that fruits and veges in Egypt are so cheap I feel like wanting to pay extra money to the seller. Syukur T_T So, for a start, I hope this story of my life can help you a little bit and I will share with you more tips about being fit. Btw, today I am done with my 100 times of squats, 10 minutes of intense cardio and 13 minutes of yoga workout. I'm gonna share the steps for the beginner to start doing workout later. Do not do as much as I'm doing now because u gonna quit after 10 times of squats and your workout passion will end in no time. 

*** For a beginner, it is enough to do jumping jacks (lompat bintang) 50 times per day or maybe 10 times. 


It is better to do something than not doing anything at all! One thing for sure, drink A LOT of water. So that’s all for now. Hopefully you are starting to like my post, my very first one. Feedbacks and suggestions are more than welcome as this is all new to me. Thank you so much for those who are reading, till next time! God bless you xx.


INDEED !

No comments:

Post a Comment