Sunday 23 November 2014

I witness..

It is so devastating every time I heard people are dying because of diseases. I don't know how can I be a doctor when me myself, sometimes, can't endure seeing people dying in front of me. I have seen this few times, dying people of heart attack, in front of me. It was so not cool, really. As I am just a student, the less thing I could do is to see and keep praying for the patient. I can't focus well on the drugs and the procedures that the doctors did that meant to be my priority to take note of. The worst part is I am struggling hard to not to cry as I am the future doctor so what on earth the function of tears to treat serious cases like that? Yeah, that's the major problem for me though, and most of the young doctors I guess. We will get used to this maybe in 10 years? I hope so.

Most of us hate to hear about this too, right? About dying people that fighting on their diseases or even worse for those who are counting days to die. We can't live forever, that's for sure, but at least let's do our very best effort to avoid as much as we could from getting sick. The most common diseases nowadays are heart attacks or what we called as myocardial infarction and of course, cancer.  The number one killer in the world.

 Most of us know about the fact of bad foods can lead us to these diseases. Yes, I am pretty sure about it. Most of us choose to ignore it too by eating high amounts of sugar every day, oily and fatty food without feeling guilty of themselves. I can't blame on those who are growing up with  this lifestyle. That is why we called it a ' lifestyle' because we are doing it every day.

Sometimes I feel so thankful to God because He gave me an opportunity to witness of the dying people in front of me. I wish I can share with you my feeling at that very moment. I felt so sad and scared, indeed. The most things that make me terrified is when the doctor said the patient died because he/she was an alcoholic, because the patient was a heavy smoker, because the patient had a severe atherosclerosis in her/ his main artery because the obesity that he/she had before, or the patient died because he/she had cancer. I wish I have magic to heal them.

So guys, please take care of our health. I didn't say that I'll be healthy forever, even people can die while they are taking a selfie. My point is we have to avoid harmful things that might affect our lives. I hate to hear people sick and I hate to see people died in front of me even though I will be a doctor in the future. Sincerely I am so ready to help and treat sick people, but seeing them in painful really makes me teary, as it is my pain too.

We only have one chance to live. Use it wisely. Enjoy every bit of it. Do not forget to eat healthy, do exercises regularly, be positive and be happy.  You can choose to be happy, it is an optional, and indeed it is our major goal of life, to be happy. Being sick is not cool at all, even when we have a fever we tend to be monyok (moody) all the time right?
 Until next time, thanks for reading and God bless you.

Few pictures of my friends and I at Dr. Nadia's farewell party last week. We already miss you Nadia.
We had so much fun that night, because indeed friends bring so much happiness to me, syukur.







No comments:

Post a Comment